Tuesday, July 04, 2006

PH function in HYSYS

I use HYSYS to simulate my TEG dehydration project. This is a new design plant. My customer wants to know how much chemical (for PH control) to be initial fill to the system. As such, I have to estimate the PH value of the solution in order to determine the amount to be added.I tried to add "PH" function under "property" in HYSYS. However, it showed " cannot be added". Someone told me PH function can only be used for certain fluid package. if true, what are the available fluid package? are the fluid package suitable for TEG dehydration system?FYII am using Peng-Robinson as the fluid package for the system.

See http://www.olisystems.com/Application-fecl3.htm.
Explore that website for further info.

You cannot really simulate the pH your glycol will get to as it is effected by all the following1) contamination from non synthetic lube oils and chemicals from upstream2) oxidation3) CO2 in solution 4) TEG degradation5) glycol losses and replacementWhat I can tell you is on all the glycol systems I support the average injection of pH correctors is very small,in most cases zero and probably 12 litres a year would be an overstatement

With respect to the original question: pH is available in HYSYS only when the OLI-Electrolyte Property Package is used. No other package allows for the ionic dissociations needed for these calcs. Unfortunately your TEG is probably so concentrated (i.e. not aqueous) that the electrolyte package will be useless.best wishes,sshep

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home